As a computer consultant, technology assessments are an important part of your sales cycle. These assessments help gauge your new customers' needs, so you can develop comprehensive solutions and strengthen future client relationships.
- Physical Security. Make sure the right physical controls are in place to secure all servers, networking and telecommunications equipment to prevent unauthorized access.
- Logical Security. Ensure that appropriate software security controls are in place so you can prevent viruses and unauthorized data access.
- Logistical and Environmental Controls. All technology assets have to be housed in facilities that offer the right environmental conditions – temperature and dust regulation, furniture, racks and physical equipment organization.
- Configuration Management. Ensure systems are installed and configured according to established requirements and standards.
- Systems Administration Procedures. Security systems and administrative procedures need to be well-defined and assigned to specific staff members.
- Hardware Inventory Management. You need to make sure all hardware is properly inventoried and that the warranty and maintenance records are diligently updated and tracked.
- Software Licensing. Make sure all software usage complies with licensing agreements and that these records are well-maintained.
- Data Backup and Disaster Recovery Procedures. Data backups must be made and tested on a regular basis so that important information can be recovered in case of systems failure, data loss or any other disaster.
- Documentation. You must make sure that systems, procedures and policies are well-documented and regularly updated. Also, make sure that your clients maintain systems reports, error logs, help desk records, and other related problem logs.
- Performance and Capacity Planning. All systems must perform according to required levels. Think about uptime, system availability, bandwidth, data storage and archiving older data files.
- Change Management. You need to be sure that all major changes are documented, tested and verified before they are implemented.
Copyright (C), TechnologyAssessmentSecrets.com, All Rights Reserved